Sunday, December 28, 2008

Mielke's On the Snow


Saturday the Mielke family went to Granite Peak for the day. It was kinda misty, so we weren't quite sure how the day would pan out. Nick got his first job here at Granite Peak working in the cafeteria. When he finished working, he came and joined us. I was the only one who seemed to notice a difference in the snow. The first time down the hill was quite frightening for me because the snow was wet and seemed slick. By the third time down, I was feeling better. I've always wanted to be the mom who would get out and play with the family. Even though this pushes my limits, there is no place I would rather be than laughing and playing with the Mielke clan. We wanted to get a little video of Hayden on the snowboard, but he wouldn't slow down long enough to get any.


Our Christmas was really fun. We tried to keep things really simple this year and it was so sweet to see the children content and grateful with the things they received. They were more excited to give the gifts that they had bought for each other, than to receive gifts. Heath and I were so touched.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

That looks like so much fun! I've got to get my kids into skiing. Bailey can go with school next year, and she is really excited about that. You guys look like pros :)!

Amber said...

You guys are so talented. It is so neat to see Megan, Dylan and Seth so comfortable in the snow. Looks like lots of fun wish we were there to join in the fun.

Beach Mommy said...

Everyone is awesome!! One of these days Hayd you're going to have to slow down so we can see your skills!
Glad you had a great time together and congrats on the job Nick!

Bennett Family said...

HEY YOU!!! :) I found your blog through Amber's and she and I caught up on Face Book. So fun! Where are you and your beautiful family these days? How are you and what are you up to? Keep in touch!

xoxo
Niki (Willey) Bennett

Krista said...

Mielke Family! We were so excited to get your Christmas letter and to see how much your kids have grown! They are so fun! Please, keep in touch! Krista and Roger