Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hastings Project



Hello everyone,

Heather asked if I would share a few photos of the project that I am currently on.
The project is a coal fired power plant in Hastings Nebraska. Like many parts of the country it has been very cold this winter. Today we are in the negative digits and with the 25 mph wind, Hell can and will freeze over...
We are past the excavation portion of the work and have started the steel erection. On site we have about 250 Craft employees. Our man power will peak at about 650 craft early spring 2009


This is my first experience as the Site Safety Manager. It has been a very good experience for me. I have been able to develop and implement programs and put my own touch on the project.

Just a couple of points of interest

- Steel Erection - We will erect 7,000 tons of steel
- Concrete Placement - We have placed about 20,000 cubic yards of concrete
- Emission Chimney - 240 feet tall
- Unit Height - 160 feet high

Well that a little about the project...

I can't wait to get home to Heather & the kids. Our visits are short but we try and maximize our time together. Heather has been so supportive...She keeps the home front in tip-top shape and allows me to grow. She is an amazing wife and friend.
I hope you all may have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Heath

2 comments:

Amber said...

Heath - that is amazing. It is great to see a little bit of what you are doing and what the country looks like where you are at. We all love you and hope you are safe and have a wonderful holiday.

Tricia said...

Wow...that's quite a project you've got going on. I'm sure your family misses you a ton, but it looks like you're getting a lot accomplished there.